Monday, October 13, 2008
Exercise 5.1
When I think of “news” I think of all different things. I think about the local small-town newspaper that has anything from the kid who won the county demonstration contest to the winning shot at the Friday night basketball game. Then I think about the mass media that is “big time,” like CBS evening news. They “inform” the world about what is going on and just relay the “truth” to everyone. Supposedly, the media just gives the facts and the news, but lets the audience form their own opinion. I think sometimes, the news is more persuasive about ideas than they should be. For instance, with the upcoming election, the media has been talking showcasing political information frequently. It is hard for me to tell how much of what is advertised and what is on the News is truth and how much is slightly fabricated. I’m sure most of the time, there is truth, facts, and knowledge in the media news, but I wonder how much of the story we are seeing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment